Christmas comes early for Stoke Newington youngsters
Benthal Primary School holds traditional Christmas fair in November
Christmas came rather early for some Stoke Newington youngsters with a November Christmas fair.
Santa handed out presents from his grotto at Benthal Primary School in Benthal Road and Saturday’s event which raised over �1,000 was attended by hundreds of families.
“We had all your normal winter fair type activities,” said headmaster Tim Hunter-Whitehouse.
“Everyone had a very good time, it was a very straight forward and traditional fair but it was very much a family event.
You may also want to watch:
“If it’s too close to Christmas people are so busy, everyone is desperately trying to do their Christmas shopping so - we held it two weeks before you would probably expect. And it’s successful, given the number of people we had turning up.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared