Christmas comes early for Stoke Newington youngsters
Benthal Primary School holds traditional Christmas fair in November
Christmas came rather early for some Stoke Newington youngsters with a November Christmas fair.
Santa handed out presents from his grotto at Benthal Primary School in Benthal Road and Saturday’s event which raised over �1,000 was attended by hundreds of families.
“We had all your normal winter fair type activities,” said headmaster Tim Hunter-Whitehouse.
“Everyone had a very good time, it was a very straight forward and traditional fair but it was very much a family event.
You may also want to watch:
“If it’s too close to Christmas people are so busy, everyone is desperately trying to do their Christmas shopping so - we held it two weeks before you would probably expect. And it’s successful, given the number of people we had turning up.”
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets