Christmas comes early for Stoke Newington youngsters
Benthal Primary School holds traditional Christmas fair in November
Christmas came rather early for some Stoke Newington youngsters with a November Christmas fair.
Santa handed out presents from his grotto at Benthal Primary School in Benthal Road and Saturday’s event which raised over �1,000 was attended by hundreds of families.
“We had all your normal winter fair type activities,” said headmaster Tim Hunter-Whitehouse.
“Everyone had a very good time, it was a very straight forward and traditional fair but it was very much a family event.
You may also want to watch:
“If it’s too close to Christmas people are so busy, everyone is desperately trying to do their Christmas shopping so - we held it two weeks before you would probably expect. And it’s successful, given the number of people we had turning up.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school