Church congregation makes its own bunting for the Olympics
Olympic fever is gripping the parishioners of a Clapton Church, which held a “bunting workshop” so the congregation could make outdoor decorations for their own spin on the Games.
All Souls Church, in Overbury Street, hosted the craft event last Wednesday to make bunting for the Clapton Park Games, a week-long festival designed to get residents excited about the Olympics.
Activities will include a football competition, boxing exhibition, and a street dance contest, as well as live music, a barbeque and a community fete.
Rev Tom Haley said: “I am so excited the Olympics are coming to London, and I wanted to find a way to engage people in this amazing event, as an opportunity to bring local residents together.
“We hope as many people come down as possible and just enjoy the festival and be proud of what our local community has achieved together.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival will take place in Gilpin Square from the July 30 until August 4.
For more information, visit www.claptonpark.com
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington