City and Hackney paramedics do skydive for London’s Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Five fearless paramedics and their friends will jump 10,000 feet from a plane to raise money for London’s Air Ambulance.
City and Hackney paramedics Andrew Mills and David Platts will join three colleagues and a few friends to do the sky dive on Saturday to try and raise more than £4,000 for London’s Air Ambulance, which delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in the capital.
Mr Mills, 27, who is based at the station on Homerton High Street, said: “When a colleague and I started our student paramedic course we always said we wanted to do a sky dive and now the time has come. We’re really focused on trying to raise as much money as possible, and that is keeping our minds off our nerves for the moment.”
“It seemed like the obvious charity to support as they rely completely on fundraising. We’ve seen firsthand the excellent work they do, which really has an impact on patients.”
Graham Hodgkin, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance, said: “As a charity working alongside London Ambulance Service, we see firsthand the work that each of us carry out. The Air Ambulance is a vital part of the capital’s emergency infrastructure and it is great to see our everyday cooperation being extended into fundraising efforts like this one.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely thankful for the support from ambulance service employees and wish the team good luck with their sky dive.”
n. To sponsor the team visit http://www.justgiving.com/teams/airbourne
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs