City Academy, Hackney students lauded for ‘exceptional’ GCSE results
- Credit: CLIVE N TOTMAN
City Academy, Hackney students have been lauded for their ‘exceptional’ GCSE results.
Students at the Homerton Row school achieved 74per cent passes in English and maths and at least three other GCSE subjects.
The City Academy, Hackney first opened in 2009 as a co-educational secondary school and sixth form. Since then the school has received two “outstanding” grades from Ofsted.
Principal Mark Malcolm said: “Students have achieved exceptional results in their GCSE exams.
“They have risen to the challenge of the new specifications and have made outstanding progress. Students have been well-prepared for the new linear examinations and shown resilience and dedications to their studies.
You may also want to watch:
“It is our expectation that they are entered for the broadest curriculum choices, with all students taking a humanities subject and most entered for the separate science qualifications, a modern foreign language and a creative subject too.
“They now have the widest choice available to them and can enrol on academic courses.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
The City Academy, Hackney is co-sponsored by the City of London Corporation and KPMG.
Henry Colthurst, Chairman of the Education Board at City of London Corporation, added: “Congratulations to all the students for achieving excellent GCSE results. We are very proud of how hard our students have worked and the results are a testament to the teachers and parents at City Academy, Hackney.
“The corporation is committed to providing access to world-class education and learning opportunities. Good luck to each student for the next chapter in their lives.”