Clapton playwright features in Letters to the Earth book
- Credit: Tamara von Werthern
Earlier this year Clapton playwright Tamara von Werthern and more than 1,000 other people of all ages from around the world wrote a letters to the earth in the run up Extinction Rebellion’s summer uprising and climate school strikes.
Now her work - alongside letters written by Kate Tempest, Green Party politician Caroline Lucas, climate activists and young children - has been published in a book called Letters to the Earth.
Tamara told the Gazette: "I started writing it as a love letter to the earth like a call to arms - I will fight, I will not let you die [and] I'll do what I can. I don't know what the outcome will be."
The book is out now in most bookshops, including independent bookshop Pages of Hackney in Lower Clapton Road.
It has been printed on sustainably sourced paper and all royalties will go towards campaigning for the environment.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit letterstotheearth.com.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington