Clapton playwright features in Letters to the Earth book
- Credit: Tamara von Werthern
Earlier this year Clapton playwright Tamara von Werthern and more than 1,000 other people of all ages from around the world wrote a letters to the earth in the run up Extinction Rebellion’s summer uprising and climate school strikes.
Now her work - alongside letters written by Kate Tempest, Green Party politician Caroline Lucas, climate activists and young children - has been published in a book called Letters to the Earth.
Tamara told the Gazette: "I started writing it as a love letter to the earth like a call to arms - I will fight, I will not let you die [and] I'll do what I can. I don't know what the outcome will be."
The book is out now in most bookshops, including independent bookshop Pages of Hackney in Lower Clapton Road.
It has been printed on sustainably sourced paper and all royalties will go towards campaigning for the environment.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit letterstotheearth.com.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes