Clapton school sets a shining example
- Credit: Archant
Forget gold stars – one Clapton school has gone a step further by winning Gold Club status for a second year running.
The honour was conferred on Northwold Primary School in Clapton by the Boris Johnson scheme, which aims to recognise exceptional schools in the capital based on their summer exam results.
“We are very, very proud that we are getting public recognition for the amazing work that the staff and the parents have done,” commented headteacher Alison Kriel.
“We are also very proud that we are one of about 15 primary schools in London who have received this award two years in a row.”
Staff headed to City Hall for the awards night last Friday where they celebrated the school’s sucess.
You may also want to watch:
The total of 113 schools selected are being asked to share their good practice through seminars and hosting visits to their school, so that other schools can learn from a range of approaches that have delivered success and achieved extraordinary performance of their pupils.
“It’s great that we have got partnerships with some successful schools, it’s really nice to be in an environment where we are sharing best pracitce with each other.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
Mayor of London, Boris Johnson added:
“London schools are going from strength to strength and our Gold Club members are testament to the fact all schools can aspire to attain excellence for all their pupils, whatever their circumstances. “The Gold Club is a great platform for schools to share their bright ideas and approaches to enable every one of their pupils to achieve terrific results.”
To find out more, go to londonschoolsgoldclub.org.uk.