Clapton students showcase styling talent
- Credit: Archant
Hair and Beauty students wowed audiences with creations for their final show, a culmination of months of hard work.
Pupils at BSix Sixth Form College, in Kenninghall Road put on the show on May 19 showcasing their talents with looks for different categories, all following the theme “Create an Image”.
There was a live media feed on the big screen and DJ sets from music technology students between each act.
Hair and beauty teacher, Gilly Church said: “I was overwhelmed with the commitment and dedication from both of my groups. They pushed through personal challenges and built skills, self-esteem and confidence to participate in this show.”
Both stylists and models said that doing the show and having their work judged by a panel improved their confidence.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Ponce, 19, said: Doing the show gave me valuable experience to help me to improve further next year
Paulina Sienkiewicz, 18, added: “It was nice to see everyone else’s work so that we have an idea of what we are going to be learning next year – I am excited to move to the next level.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown