Clapton students showcase styling talent
- Credit: Archant
Hair and Beauty students wowed audiences with creations for their final show, a culmination of months of hard work.
Pupils at BSix Sixth Form College, in Kenninghall Road put on the show on May 19 showcasing their talents with looks for different categories, all following the theme “Create an Image”.
There was a live media feed on the big screen and DJ sets from music technology students between each act.
Hair and beauty teacher, Gilly Church said: “I was overwhelmed with the commitment and dedication from both of my groups. They pushed through personal challenges and built skills, self-esteem and confidence to participate in this show.”
Both stylists and models said that doing the show and having their work judged by a panel improved their confidence.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Ponce, 19, said: Doing the show gave me valuable experience to help me to improve further next year
Paulina Sienkiewicz, 18, added: “It was nice to see everyone else’s work so that we have an idea of what we are going to be learning next year – I am excited to move to the next level.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse