Clapton students showcase styling talent
- Credit: Archant
Hair and Beauty students wowed audiences with creations for their final show, a culmination of months of hard work.
Pupils at BSix Sixth Form College, in Kenninghall Road put on the show on May 19 showcasing their talents with looks for different categories, all following the theme “Create an Image”.
There was a live media feed on the big screen and DJ sets from music technology students between each act.
Hair and beauty teacher, Gilly Church said: “I was overwhelmed with the commitment and dedication from both of my groups. They pushed through personal challenges and built skills, self-esteem and confidence to participate in this show.”
Both stylists and models said that doing the show and having their work judged by a panel improved their confidence.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Ponce, 19, said: Doing the show gave me valuable experience to help me to improve further next year
Paulina Sienkiewicz, 18, added: “It was nice to see everyone else’s work so that we have an idea of what we are going to be learning next year – I am excited to move to the next level.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack