Virtual high street set to launch in Hackney and Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A virtual high street experience is set to launch in Hackney and Shoreditch.
Nearly 100 businesses have signed up to the Click It Local scheme, which aims to help small independents compete with big online businesses such as Amazon.
This includes Hackney’s The Five Points Brewing Company, Climpson & Sons Café and Howl At The Moon bar.
Shoppers incur a flat delivery fee of £3 from the first retailer, and a further £1 for every shop on top of that.
Click It Local founder Steven Koch said: “Communities are rediscovering their local high street and it is amazing to be able to recreate the individuality of London through the virtual high street.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to ensure we can all continue to shop local, support independent shops and provide for the local community.”
Click It Local, which is going live in Hackney on June 1, has also launched in Cambridge and Brighton, and an app is in the pipeline for next month.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 7 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park