Clothes swapping at Dalston Roof Park
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise is inviting fashionistas to “put some conscience into our clothes” by swapping garments.
Organised by the Clothes Club, participants are asked to bring up to three items of quality clothing to exchange for tokens for others’ outfits.
Early bird tickets cost £8 online or £15 on the door, and money raised will be donated to charities Childhope and Art Against Knives.
Organiser Emily De Groot said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your summer wardrobe, without spending lots of money.”
The event at Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street opens at 6pm, with clothes swapping taking place from 8pm and a live DJ playing tunes until 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
See www.facebook.com/theclothesclub for more details.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space