Clothes swapping at Dalston Roof Park
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise is inviting fashionistas to “put some conscience into our clothes” by swapping garments.
Organised by the Clothes Club, participants are asked to bring up to three items of quality clothing to exchange for tokens for others’ outfits.
Early bird tickets cost £8 online or £15 on the door, and money raised will be donated to charities Childhope and Art Against Knives.
Organiser Emily De Groot said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your summer wardrobe, without spending lots of money.”
The event at Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street opens at 6pm, with clothes swapping taking place from 8pm and a live DJ playing tunes until 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
See www.facebook.com/theclothesclub for more details.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need