Come and have your photo taken in Stoke Newington this afternoon
A Stoke Newington professional photographer is holding a charity photo shoot today to raise money before he runs the London Marathon next year.
A Stoke Newington professional photographer is holding a charity photo shoot today (Saturday) to raise money before he runs the London Marathon next year.
Rob Baker Ashton has pledged to raise �1500 for charity United Response, which helps people with mental and physical disabilities.
Rob said: “The reason I really liked them and wanted to run the London Marathon for them is that they incorporate creative arts to help these people communicate their feelings.
“I read an article about them giving cameras to people suffering with depression to express themselves with, I thought it was fantastic as I fully believe in art therapy and would love to get involved with them in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“This one is obviously just before Christmas in the hope that families will come down and get a nice photo for relatives as presents, in fact most of the bookings have been new mothers and families, although some actors and bands are coming along.
“Here is your opportunity to have your portrait taken by me at a very, very cheap price; and put money into a great cause, everyone’s a winner.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Rob has had work published in magazines, websites and shot the cover for the movie Hush Your Mouth, about London gangs, released this year.
There are still available drop-in slots for a photo shoot this afternoon and anyone is invited along upstairs in The Lion pub today in Stoke Newington Church Street between 2pm and 4pm.
A minimum donation of �10 is requested for each hi-res image sent to your email, and further images can be bought at a later date.
If today’s event is successful Rob plans to repeat it in the New Year. For further dates see www.robscharityshoot.moonfruit.com