Community volunteer to tackle isolation with free Easter lunch for elders
- Credit: Archant
A man who gave up his Christmas to put on a lunch for lonely elderly people is doing the same this Easter.
Chris Murdoch has now set up his organisation, Golden Years, which is dedicated to tackling loneliness and social isolation through face-to-face contact.
And after the success of his Christmas Dinner, which the Gazette reported on, Chris is hosting another community lunch for the over 50s, this time at the Our/London vodka distillery in Spurstowe Road.
The free event will include a traditional roast dinner, a quiz, bingo, a cockney singalong and easter bonnet making. Transport will also be put on free of charge.
The food comes courtesy of top chef Alex Paganelli and helping out with the bonnet making will be milliner to the stars Nasir Mazhar, who has made pieces for Madonna and Lady Gaga. Hackney’s Princess Julia will be hosting the quiz and snapper Gemma Peden will capture the day’s events.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in supporting the event can donate food, flowers, Easter eggs or other prizes.
Get in touch with Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors