Community volunteer to tackle isolation with free Easter lunch for elders
- Credit: Archant
A man who gave up his Christmas to put on a lunch for lonely elderly people is doing the same this Easter.
Chris Murdoch has now set up his organisation, Golden Years, which is dedicated to tackling loneliness and social isolation through face-to-face contact.
And after the success of his Christmas Dinner, which the Gazette reported on, Chris is hosting another community lunch for the over 50s, this time at the Our/London vodka distillery in Spurstowe Road.
The free event will include a traditional roast dinner, a quiz, bingo, a cockney singalong and easter bonnet making. Transport will also be put on free of charge.
The food comes courtesy of top chef Alex Paganelli and helping out with the bonnet making will be milliner to the stars Nasir Mazhar, who has made pieces for Madonna and Lady Gaga. Hackney’s Princess Julia will be hosting the quiz and snapper Gemma Peden will capture the day’s events.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in supporting the event can donate food, flowers, Easter eggs or other prizes.
Get in touch with Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction