Commuters turned away from packed buses in Hackney
Tube strike packs out buses in the borough.
Packed buses are causing problems as people try to get around the 24-hour tube strike.
Commuters in Hackney are reporting having trouble getting on buses after unions RMT and TSSA began a strike on Sunday at 6.30pm which is due to run until today 6.30pm.
Twitter user n_dizzy told the Gazette: “Missed out on two 56 buses near hackney downs. People turned away from 149 & 243 on kingsland rd (sic).”
Delays are also occurring between Gospel Oak and Barking and Kensington Olympia and Clapham Junction on the Overground.
You may also want to watch:
There is no service running between Watford Junction and Harrow and Wealdstone until approximately 10:30 on the Overground due to a broken down train.
The Central and Circle are both closed without any service.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
However all other lines are either running a good service or part suspended with a special service running on them.
Bakerloo Line - Trains are operating between Elephant & Castle and Queens Park only and some stations are closed.
Commuters travelling between Queens Park and Harrow & Wealdstone should use connecting London Overground services.
* District Line - Suspended between Earls Court and Edgware Road, and between Earls Court and Kensington Olympia.
Suspended between Turnham Green and Richmond.
Suspended between Barking and Upminster.
Trains are operating between Ealing Broadway/Wimbledon and Barking only and some stations are closed.
* Hammersmith & City Line - Suspended between Shepherds Bush Market and Hammersmith.
Suspended between Baker Street and Barking.
Trains are operating between Baker Street and Shepherds Bush Market only.
* Jubilee Line - Suspended between Wembley Park and Stanmore.
Trains are operating between Wembley Park and Stratford.
* Metropolitan Line - Suspended between Baker Street and Aldgate.
Suspended between Chalfont & Latimer and Chesham.
Suspended between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Watford.
Trains are operating between Amersham/Uxbridge and Baker Street only.
* Northern Line – The whole line is open and working although delays are expected.
* Piccadilly Line - Suspended between Uxbridge and King’s Cross St. Pancras.
* Victoria Line - Suspended between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central due.
Trains are operating between Seven Sisters and Green Park only.
* Waterloo and City Line has a special service running across the whole line.
* There is a good service on the DLR.
Are you in London? How are you coping with the strike? You can send us your travel experiences and photos using the email above.