Company of Cooks bags Clissold contract
The multi-million pound contract for Clissold Park’s mansion house has been given to the same catering company behind the food at heritage park Kenwood House, The Southbank Centre and The Royal Opera House.
Hackney Council has awarded the five-year contract to run Clissold House Caf� and Pump House Kiosk to Company of Cooks.
The council came under fire from Church Street businesses earlier this year for barring small businesses from competing in the tender.
But the council was advised to ensure the successful bidder had an annual turnover of at least �1m to ensure it was financially viable.
Renovation works in the �8.9m Heritage Lottery Fund revamp of the park are running behind schedule and the house is now due to open in September.
You may also want to watch:
It will have a new caf� with improved access for disabled people, restored function rooms and smaller meeting rooms for private hire and community use.
The caf� will use fresh bread from Company of Cooks’ own bakery, and they plan to use local suppliers to create a seasonal menu.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club