Company of Cooks bags Clissold contract
The multi-million pound contract for Clissold Park’s mansion house has been given to the same catering company behind the food at heritage park Kenwood House, The Southbank Centre and The Royal Opera House.
Hackney Council has awarded the five-year contract to run Clissold House Caf� and Pump House Kiosk to Company of Cooks.
The council came under fire from Church Street businesses earlier this year for barring small businesses from competing in the tender.
But the council was advised to ensure the successful bidder had an annual turnover of at least �1m to ensure it was financially viable.
Renovation works in the �8.9m Heritage Lottery Fund revamp of the park are running behind schedule and the house is now due to open in September.
You may also want to watch:
It will have a new caf� with improved access for disabled people, restored function rooms and smaller meeting rooms for private hire and community use.
The caf� will use fresh bread from Company of Cooks’ own bakery, and they plan to use local suppliers to create a seasonal menu.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers