Company of Cooks bags Clissold contract
The multi-million pound contract for Clissold Park’s mansion house has been given to the same catering company behind the food at heritage park Kenwood House, The Southbank Centre and The Royal Opera House.
Hackney Council has awarded the five-year contract to run Clissold House Caf� and Pump House Kiosk to Company of Cooks.
The council came under fire from Church Street businesses earlier this year for barring small businesses from competing in the tender.
But the council was advised to ensure the successful bidder had an annual turnover of at least �1m to ensure it was financially viable.
Renovation works in the �8.9m Heritage Lottery Fund revamp of the park are running behind schedule and the house is now due to open in September.
You may also want to watch:
It will have a new caf� with improved access for disabled people, restored function rooms and smaller meeting rooms for private hire and community use.
The caf� will use fresh bread from Company of Cooks’ own bakery, and they plan to use local suppliers to create a seasonal menu.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space