Consultation on licensing Hackney nightclubs
- Credit: Archant
Residents can now have their say on council proposals which aim to manage the growth of the borough’s nightlife.
The draft licensing policy proposals document outlines how the growth of licensed premises will be managed, including making sure they are in areas which will not adversely affect residents living nearby.
It is proposed to extend the boundary of the Shoreditch Special Policy Area (SPA) south to neighbouring borough boundaries and west to the Old Street Roundabout.
Other areas being consulted upon include borough-wide hours policies for town centres and residential areas and relaxation of the Dalston SPA.
The document also sets out principles the council will apply when considering new licensing applications. The document can be viewed on the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant