Consultation on licensing Hackney nightclubs
- Credit: Archant
Residents can now have their say on council proposals which aim to manage the growth of the borough’s nightlife.
The draft licensing policy proposals document outlines how the growth of licensed premises will be managed, including making sure they are in areas which will not adversely affect residents living nearby.
It is proposed to extend the boundary of the Shoreditch Special Policy Area (SPA) south to neighbouring borough boundaries and west to the Old Street Roundabout.
Other areas being consulted upon include borough-wide hours policies for town centres and residential areas and relaxation of the Dalston SPA.
The document also sets out principles the council will apply when considering new licensing applications. The document can be viewed on the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Email comments to email@example.com.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service