Consultation on licensing Hackney nightclubs
- Credit: Archant
Residents can now have their say on council proposals which aim to manage the growth of the borough’s nightlife.
The draft licensing policy proposals document outlines how the growth of licensed premises will be managed, including making sure they are in areas which will not adversely affect residents living nearby.
It is proposed to extend the boundary of the Shoreditch Special Policy Area (SPA) south to neighbouring borough boundaries and west to the Old Street Roundabout.
Other areas being consulted upon include borough-wide hours policies for town centres and residential areas and relaxation of the Dalston SPA.
The document also sets out principles the council will apply when considering new licensing applications. The document can be viewed on the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Email comments to email@example.com.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting