Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after car hits police officer while being driven wrong way down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: @automaticdog
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder of a police officer on New Year’s Eve, after she was injured trying to stop a driver going the wrong way down a one-way street.
Cops patrolling in a police vehicle were alerted to the traffic contravention in Stoke Newington High Street just before 10pm on Monday.
According to Scotland Yard, the female officer who attempted to stop the car suffered “minor injuries” after the car hit her, before it ploughed into a traffic light.
Thankfully she did not require hospital treatment.
Three people aged 29, 24 and 22, were all arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class B drugs and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and dangerous driving.
They have all since been released under investigation.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Enquiries into the circumstances continue.