Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after car hits police officer while being driven wrong way down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: @automaticdog
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder of a police officer on New Year’s Eve, after she was injured trying to stop a driver going the wrong way down a one-way street.
Cops patrolling in a police vehicle were alerted to the traffic contravention in Stoke Newington High Street just before 10pm on Monday.
According to Scotland Yard, the female officer who attempted to stop the car suffered “minor injuries” after the car hit her, before it ploughed into a traffic light.
Thankfully she did not require hospital treatment.
Three people aged 29, 24 and 22, were all arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class B drugs and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and dangerous driving.
They have all since been released under investigation.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
Enquiries into the circumstances continue.