Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after car hits police officer while being driven wrong way down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: @automaticdog
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder of a police officer on New Year’s Eve, after she was injured trying to stop a driver going the wrong way down a one-way street.
Cops patrolling in a police vehicle were alerted to the traffic contravention in Stoke Newington High Street just before 10pm on Monday.
According to Scotland Yard, the female officer who attempted to stop the car suffered “minor injuries” after the car hit her, before it ploughed into a traffic light.
Thankfully she did not require hospital treatment.
Three people aged 29, 24 and 22, were all arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class B drugs and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and dangerous driving.
They have all since been released under investigation.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
Enquiries into the circumstances continue.