Cops take on new recruits in Dalston nursery
Police mascot visits Independent Place Nursery in Shacklewell Lane
The police took on new recruits when they visited youngsters at a Dalston nursery last Thursday (December 2).
Children from the Independent Place Nursery in Shacklewell Lane were invited to shake hands with police mascot PCSO Steve and try on officers’ uniform and equipment, when the Dalston Safer Neighbourhoods team dropped by.
For many of the children, it was the first time they had ever spoken to anyone from their local police team.
PCSO Tina Harvey, from Dalston Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: ‘It was very rewarding to visit the nursery; it gave us the opportunity to help the children understand who we are.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this will give them the confidence to say hello if they see us in the street and understand that we are there to help them and keep them safe.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week