Could it be you? Unclaimed lottery ticket worth �1million in Hackney
One Hackney resident could unknowingly be sitting on a �1million fortune - because they haven’t cashed in their winning lottery ticket.
The National Lottery is hunting for the secret millionaire, who bought the EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle ticket somewhere in the borough, ready for the draw on Tuesday, January 17.
Organisers are desperately urging Hackney players to check and double-check their unique tickets for the winning selection of NBJ899770.
The lucky ticket-holder has until 3pm on Sunday, July 15, to claim their prize – otherwise the cash, plus all the interest, will go to the organisation’s community grant fund, National Lottery Good Causes.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: “We’re desperate to find this mystery ticket-holder and unite them with their winnings – this amazing prize could really make a huge difference to somebody’s life as they start 2012.
“We’re urging everyone to check their old EuroMillions tickets again, or look anywhere a missing ticket could be hiding, so that this prize can turn someone into the newest member of the lottery millionaire club.
“Try checking in the pockets of clothing, in wallets, bags and down the back of the sofa.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 4 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 5 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 8 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 9 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
“We have the champagne on ice and our fingers crossed that the lucky winner comes forward to claim their win.”
Anyone who believes they have the winning ticket should call the National Lottery Line on 0845 910 0000.