Could you be Cinderella’s Prince Charming? Hackney Players hunt for romantic lead role
- Credit: Hackney players
The “shoe is on the other foot” for one unlucky ‘Cinderella’ this panto season - who is being forced to hunt down her Prince Charming.
If amateur dramatics group The Hackney Players do not cast the romantic lead role for their Christmas production, Cinderella may not go to the ball.
Pantomime director, Mary Frendo, said: “Rehearsals are already well underway but we had no one available to play Prince Charming. It seems the shoe is on the other foot as poor Cinderella is left searching for her perfect partner.
“It’s a fantastic role with lots of singing and dancing so we hope to find someone soon so we can start selling tickets.”
The Players put on a panto every January at Morland Community Hall in Gayhurst Road, London Fields.
Budding actors - male or female - who would like to take on the role, should call 07806 753328 or turn up to a rehearsal at 8pm on Mondays or Thursdays at Morland Community Hall.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days