Could you be Cinderella’s Prince Charming? Hackney Players hunt for romantic lead role
- Credit: Hackney players
The “shoe is on the other foot” for one unlucky ‘Cinderella’ this panto season - who is being forced to hunt down her Prince Charming.
If amateur dramatics group The Hackney Players do not cast the romantic lead role for their Christmas production, Cinderella may not go to the ball.
Pantomime director, Mary Frendo, said: “Rehearsals are already well underway but we had no one available to play Prince Charming. It seems the shoe is on the other foot as poor Cinderella is left searching for her perfect partner.
“It’s a fantastic role with lots of singing and dancing so we hope to find someone soon so we can start selling tickets.”
The Players put on a panto every January at Morland Community Hall in Gayhurst Road, London Fields.
You may also want to watch:
Budding actors - male or female - who would like to take on the role, should call 07806 753328 or turn up to a rehearsal at 8pm on Mondays or Thursdays at Morland Community Hall.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop