Could you be Cinderella’s Prince Charming? Hackney Players hunt for romantic lead role
- Credit: Hackney players
The “shoe is on the other foot” for one unlucky ‘Cinderella’ this panto season - who is being forced to hunt down her Prince Charming.
If amateur dramatics group The Hackney Players do not cast the romantic lead role for their Christmas production, Cinderella may not go to the ball.
Pantomime director, Mary Frendo, said: “Rehearsals are already well underway but we had no one available to play Prince Charming. It seems the shoe is on the other foot as poor Cinderella is left searching for her perfect partner.
“It’s a fantastic role with lots of singing and dancing so we hope to find someone soon so we can start selling tickets.”
The Players put on a panto every January at Morland Community Hall in Gayhurst Road, London Fields.
You may also want to watch:
Budding actors - male or female - who would like to take on the role, should call 07806 753328 or turn up to a rehearsal at 8pm on Mondays or Thursdays at Morland Community Hall.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images