Coronavirus: Businesses urged to adhere to Covid-19 regulations or risk £10,000 fine
- Credit: Archant
Over 2,000 Hackney businesses will be assessed by council officers to ensure they are adhering to the government’s Covid-19 regulations.
Over the coming weeks officers will visit all hospitality, leisure and retail businesses to support and check they are implementing current and past measures to protect customers.
Hackney’s enforcement officers have been conducting regular visits during the pandemic and will continue to do so following an increase in coronavirus cases across the country.
New regulations which businesses must now follow include table service only for food and drink, group bookings of no more than six people and a 10pm curfew.
Businesses not adhering to the rules could be fined up to £10,000.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caroline Selman, Cabinet Member for Community Safety, Policy and the Voluntary Sector, said: “We are incredibly proud of our business community who have been working tirelessly with council officers to ensure the safety of their staff and customers, despite the significant challenges that they have faced themselves as a result of the pandemic.
“These visits will help us ensure that all of our businesses are following the vital Covid-19 safety regulations, and to take enforcement action where necessary.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 6 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 7 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
“We urge all businesses to continue adhering strictly to these guidelines to help us keep Hackney safe.”
If you’re concerned that a business is not complying with any of the above Covid-19 regulations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here