Coronavirus: Businesses urged to adhere to Covid-19 regulations or risk £10,000 fine
- Credit: Archant
Over 2,000 Hackney businesses will be assessed by council officers to ensure they are adhering to the government’s Covid-19 regulations.
Over the coming weeks officers will visit all hospitality, leisure and retail businesses to support and check they are implementing current and past measures to protect customers.
Hackney’s enforcement officers have been conducting regular visits during the pandemic and will continue to do so following an increase in coronavirus cases across the country.
New regulations which businesses must now follow include table service only for food and drink, group bookings of no more than six people and a 10pm curfew.
Businesses not adhering to the rules could be fined up to £10,000.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caroline Selman, Cabinet Member for Community Safety, Policy and the Voluntary Sector, said: “We are incredibly proud of our business community who have been working tirelessly with council officers to ensure the safety of their staff and customers, despite the significant challenges that they have faced themselves as a result of the pandemic.
“These visits will help us ensure that all of our businesses are following the vital Covid-19 safety regulations, and to take enforcement action where necessary.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
“We urge all businesses to continue adhering strictly to these guidelines to help us keep Hackney safe.”
If you’re concerned that a business is not complying with any of the above Covid-19 regulations, contact email@example.com.
For more information click here