Coronavirus: Businesses urged to adhere to Covid-19 regulations or risk £10,000 fine
- Credit: Archant
Over 2,000 Hackney businesses will be assessed by council officers to ensure they are adhering to the government’s Covid-19 regulations.
Over the coming weeks officers will visit all hospitality, leisure and retail businesses to support and check they are implementing current and past measures to protect customers.
Hackney’s enforcement officers have been conducting regular visits during the pandemic and will continue to do so following an increase in coronavirus cases across the country.
New regulations which businesses must now follow include table service only for food and drink, group bookings of no more than six people and a 10pm curfew.
Businesses not adhering to the rules could be fined up to £10,000.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caroline Selman, Cabinet Member for Community Safety, Policy and the Voluntary Sector, said: “We are incredibly proud of our business community who have been working tirelessly with council officers to ensure the safety of their staff and customers, despite the significant challenges that they have faced themselves as a result of the pandemic.
“These visits will help us ensure that all of our businesses are following the vital Covid-19 safety regulations, and to take enforcement action where necessary.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
“We urge all businesses to continue adhering strictly to these guidelines to help us keep Hackney safe.”
If you’re concerned that a business is not complying with any of the above Covid-19 regulations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here