Three dogs die ‘after being poisoned’ in Hackney Downs
PUBLISHED: 08:36 16 July 2018 | UPDATED: 09:25 16 July 2018
Professional dog trainers have warned of an alarming spate of dog deaths due to poisonings in a Hackney park.
Three dogs are reported to have died in Hackney Downs after eating bread and dog treats laced with rat poison.
The Alpha Dog Training Group, ran by Sue & Ceri Evans, have warned dog walkers to remain vigilant.
It said: “We have heard reports of dogs being poisoned in Hackney Downs. There are spates of dog poisonings from time to time in the area.
“We are unsure whether somebody is doing it intentionally or whether they are trying to kill foxes.
“We advise dog walkers in the area to play close attention to their pets.”
This has occurred at Hackney Downs in the past. In 2016, a bull terrier died after eating bread laced with poison.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Hackney Gazette. Click the link in the orange box below for details.