Search

Victoria Park rape: Police drop case due to ‘insufficient evidence’

PUBLISHED: 14:51 11 October 2018

Victoria Park.

Victoria Park.

Archant

Police have said there is not enough evidence to continue investigating a rape in Victoria Park on Saturday afternoon and have dropped the case.

A probe was launched after a 44-year-old woman reported she was attacked from behind by a man near the Pavilion Cafe between 5pm and 6pm.

The park was taped off for much of the weekend while officers combed the scene.

But this afternoon Scotland Yard said a decision had been made that there was “insufficient evidence to proceed” with the investigation.

No arrests have been made.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Hackney Gazette