Police arrest 35-year-old in connection with fatal stabbing of Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali in Hackney
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali in Hackney have made an arrest.
The 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and violent disorder yesterday.
He has been bailed to a date in mid-April.
Zakaria was killed in November 2018. Police arrived in Kingsland Road, near the junction with Waterson Street at 6.29am on November 24. They found him suffering from stab injuries. According to the Met he had tried to break up a fight taking place outside, after leaving the Rolling Stock bar.
He was taken to a central London hospital, where he died just over two hours later.
You may also want to watch:
A port-mortem found he died as a result of a stab wound to the abdomen.
Police are still looking to identify a man in CCTV footage, and have urged him to come forward.Det Ins Rita Tierney, who is leading the investigation, said: “This happened in a busy and popular area of London. I know that there will be people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects. I urge those people to call the incident room without delay.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
An 18-year-old woman has already been arrested and bailed on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Incident Room on 020 8345 3865, Tweet @MetCC or call 101.