£5,000 reward offered to trace John Howard Centre paranoid schizophrenic absconder after violent Hoxton burglary
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward is on offer to help catch a “dangerous” paranoid schizophrenic, wanted in connection with the violent robbery and grievous bodily harm of a 92-year-old widow.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, failed to return to John Howard Centre medium secure psychiatric unit in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, seven weeks ago after being given an hour’s unescorted leave.
He is now the prime suspect for the robbery of a pensioner on July 27 in the grounds of the Lawson Medical Centre off Hoxton Street.
The woman can be seen in CCTV footage being dragged along the ground screaming, as a hooded robber wrenches her bag off her.
The thug used so much force the woman, who recently lost her husband of nearly 70 years, is pulled to the ground where she struck her head, leaving her in “excruciating” pain, with cracked ribs and horrifically bruised legs.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards has been travelling frequently on public transport since he absconded according to Scotland Yard, and tends to travel on route 25 buses from Ilford to Oxford Circus and route 38 buses from Hackney Central to Victoria.
The reward will be released on information given directly to the charity Crimestoppers which leads to his arrest. Call 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 10 Hackney author tells how a mysterious death mask links to a well known invention