£5,000 reward offered to trace John Howard Centre paranoid schizophrenic absconder after violent Hoxton burglary
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward is on offer to help catch a “dangerous” paranoid schizophrenic, wanted in connection with the violent robbery and grievous bodily harm of a 92-year-old widow.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, failed to return to John Howard Centre medium secure psychiatric unit in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, seven weeks ago after being given an hour’s unescorted leave.
He is now the prime suspect for the robbery of a pensioner on July 27 in the grounds of the Lawson Medical Centre off Hoxton Street.
The woman can be seen in CCTV footage being dragged along the ground screaming, as a hooded robber wrenches her bag off her.
The thug used so much force the woman, who recently lost her husband of nearly 70 years, is pulled to the ground where she struck her head, leaving her in “excruciating” pain, with cracked ribs and horrifically bruised legs.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards has been travelling frequently on public transport since he absconded according to Scotland Yard, and tends to travel on route 25 buses from Ilford to Oxford Circus and route 38 buses from Hackney Central to Victoria.
The reward will be released on information given directly to the charity Crimestoppers which leads to his arrest. Call 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world