82-year old man robbed of £890 in Stamford Hill: CCTV image released
- Credit: Archant
The victim was grabbed by the suspect in Darenth Road, before he made off towards Clapton Common.
Hackney Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to after an 82-year old man was robbed of £890.
The victim withdrew the large wad of money from a Stoke Newington bank on Monday June 3, before getting on a bus.
He got off at Clapton Common and made his way to Darenth Road in Stamford Hill, where he was grabbed by the suspect who pretended to help him down some stairs whilst rifling his pockets and stealing the cash.
The suspect made off in the direction of Clapton Common.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Dean Meekcoms from Hackney’s robbery squad on 020 7275 3159 quoting reference number CR4613097/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 8 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis