82-year old man robbed of £890 in Stamford Hill: CCTV image released
- Credit: Archant
The victim was grabbed by the suspect in Darenth Road, before he made off towards Clapton Common.
Hackney Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to after an 82-year old man was robbed of £890.
The victim withdrew the large wad of money from a Stoke Newington bank on Monday June 3, before getting on a bus.
He got off at Clapton Common and made his way to Darenth Road in Stamford Hill, where he was grabbed by the suspect who pretended to help him down some stairs whilst rifling his pockets and stealing the cash.
The suspect made off in the direction of Clapton Common.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Dean Meekcoms from Hackney’s robbery squad on 020 7275 3159 quoting reference number CR4613097/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse