82-year old man robbed of £890 in Stamford Hill: CCTV image released
- Credit: Archant
The victim was grabbed by the suspect in Darenth Road, before he made off towards Clapton Common.
Hackney Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to after an 82-year old man was robbed of £890.
The victim withdrew the large wad of money from a Stoke Newington bank on Monday June 3, before getting on a bus.
He got off at Clapton Common and made his way to Darenth Road in Stamford Hill, where he was grabbed by the suspect who pretended to help him down some stairs whilst rifling his pockets and stealing the cash.
The suspect made off in the direction of Clapton Common.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Dean Meekcoms from Hackney’s robbery squad on 020 7275 3159 quoting reference number CR4613097/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack