92-year-old mugging victim recovering in hospital
Broken hip victim doing well.
AN elderly woman is recovering well in hospital after a mugger knocked her to the ground, breaking her hip.
The 92-year-old is now in a stable condition and is likely to be released from hospital in the next few days after hospital treatment following the robbery on Tuesday January 4.
The victim was outside her home in the Trelawney Estate at around 12.50pm when a light-skinned man, aged 20-30, 5ft 8ins tall wearing a dark woolly hat and black scarf knocked her down and stole her handbag.
Anyone with information should call Det Insp Glenn Butler on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4600240/11.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, email email@example.com quoting the reference number.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation