92-year-old mugging victim recovering in hospital
Broken hip victim doing well.
AN elderly woman is recovering well in hospital after a mugger knocked her to the ground, breaking her hip.
The 92-year-old is now in a stable condition and is likely to be released from hospital in the next few days after hospital treatment following the robbery on Tuesday January 4.
The victim was outside her home in the Trelawney Estate at around 12.50pm when a light-skinned man, aged 20-30, 5ft 8ins tall wearing a dark woolly hat and black scarf knocked her down and stole her handbag.
Anyone with information should call Det Insp Glenn Butler on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4600240/11.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park