Two arrested following alleged assault on police officers in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested following an alleged altercation in Hackney.
At about 3.30pm yesterday (June 10), officers on patrol around Frampton Park Road in Hackney were flagged down because of an alleged assault.
When the two officers spoke to people nearby, an alleged confrontation ensued and more police attended the scene.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
READ MORE: Police release image of car connected to Lower Clapton ShootingFootage of an incident has been watched more than 267,000 times on social media, prompting a reply from Hackney mayor Philip Glanville.
He was “horrified”: “My thoughts are with both officers and praise their bravery when faced with this situation. Our police are here to protect us and scenes like this are unacceptable.”
You may also want to watch:
Supt Martin Rolston, from the Central East Command Unit, said the incident was “shocking” and the officers “fortunate that their injuries are not more serious”.
Two men, aged 20 and 38, were arrested on suspicion of assault on police and taken to an east London police station.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun.