Two arrested following alleged assault on police officers in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested following an alleged altercation in Hackney.
At about 3.30pm yesterday (June 10), officers on patrol around Frampton Park Road in Hackney were flagged down because of an alleged assault.
When the two officers spoke to people nearby, an alleged confrontation ensued and more police attended the scene.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
READ MORE: Police release image of car connected to Lower Clapton ShootingFootage of an incident has been watched more than 267,000 times on social media, prompting a reply from Hackney mayor Philip Glanville.
He was “horrified”: “My thoughts are with both officers and praise their bravery when faced with this situation. Our police are here to protect us and scenes like this are unacceptable.”
You may also want to watch:
Supt Martin Rolston, from the Central East Command Unit, said the incident was “shocking” and the officers “fortunate that their injuries are not more serious”.
Two men, aged 20 and 38, were arrested on suspicion of assault on police and taken to an east London police station.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun.