Two arrested following alleged assault on police officers in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested following an alleged altercation in Hackney.
At about 3.30pm yesterday (June 10), officers on patrol around Frampton Park Road in Hackney were flagged down because of an alleged assault.
When the two officers spoke to people nearby, an alleged confrontation ensued and more police attended the scene.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
READ MORE: Police release image of car connected to Lower Clapton ShootingFootage of an incident has been watched more than 267,000 times on social media, prompting a reply from Hackney mayor Philip Glanville.
He was “horrified”: “My thoughts are with both officers and praise their bravery when faced with this situation. Our police are here to protect us and scenes like this are unacceptable.”
You may also want to watch:
Supt Martin Rolston, from the Central East Command Unit, said the incident was “shocking” and the officers “fortunate that their injuries are not more serious”.
Two men, aged 20 and 38, were arrested on suspicion of assault on police and taken to an east London police station.
- 1 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun.