Appeal for robber who attacked two women and stole their handbags in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses after two women were robbed in similar circumstances.
Detectives have launched an appeal after two women were attacked and robbed by their front doors.
A 32-year-old woman was approached by a man close to her home in Alconbury Road, Clapton on January 25, at about 4am. He initially engaged the victim in conversation about her country of origin, then punched her several times in the face and made off with her handbag.
An almost identical attack happened the next day, at the same time, involving a 34-year-old woman who was attacked near to her front door in Maury Road, Stoke Newington.
The women’s handbags were later found in Fontayne Road, Stoke Newington.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male of a medium build, with a possible African accent. He is said to be aged between 18 and 30 years old and between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height.
During the Alconbury Road attack, the suspect was described as wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Det Con Matt Mowbray, from Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3138. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.