Appeal for robber who attacked two women and stole their handbags in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses after two women were robbed in similar circumstances.
Detectives have launched an appeal after two women were attacked and robbed by their front doors.
A 32-year-old woman was approached by a man close to her home in Alconbury Road, Clapton on January 25, at about 4am. He initially engaged the victim in conversation about her country of origin, then punched her several times in the face and made off with her handbag.
An almost identical attack happened the next day, at the same time, involving a 34-year-old woman who was attacked near to her front door in Maury Road, Stoke Newington.
The women’s handbags were later found in Fontayne Road, Stoke Newington.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male of a medium build, with a possible African accent. He is said to be aged between 18 and 30 years old and between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height.
During the Alconbury Road attack, the suspect was described as wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Det Con Matt Mowbray, from Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3138. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.