Appeal for robber who attacked two women and stole their handbags in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses after two women were robbed in similar circumstances.
Detectives have launched an appeal after two women were attacked and robbed by their front doors.
A 32-year-old woman was approached by a man close to her home in Alconbury Road, Clapton on January 25, at about 4am. He initially engaged the victim in conversation about her country of origin, then punched her several times in the face and made off with her handbag.
An almost identical attack happened the next day, at the same time, involving a 34-year-old woman who was attacked near to her front door in Maury Road, Stoke Newington.
The women’s handbags were later found in Fontayne Road, Stoke Newington.
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male of a medium build, with a possible African accent. He is said to be aged between 18 and 30 years old and between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height.
During the Alconbury Road attack, the suspect was described as wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Det Con Matt Mowbray, from Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3138. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.