Armed Finsbury Park home burglars sentenced to more than 30 years
- Credit: Archant
Four men who carried out of an armed burglary of an occupied Finsbury Park home will face 32 and a half years behind bars.
Four masked men who subjected a family to a terrifying armed burglary of their own home will face nearly 32 years behind bars.
Siljan Locaj, 20, of Osbourne Road, Finsbury Park, Elvis Toci, 18, of Woodberry Down Estate, Woodberry Down, Cory Brown, 18, of Watson Close, Newington Green and Anthony Walsh, 18, of Lawley Street, Clapton were sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court for the aggravated burglary in Finsbury Park last Monday.
The burglars subjected a 53-year-old woman, a 52-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy to a horrifying ordeal at around midnight on May 11 in which they continuously demanded.
After they were disturbed by police officers, the culprits escaped out of the rear of the property – but a police helicopter managed to track their movements and officers detained them.
You may also want to watch:
Locaj was sentenced to 10 years in prison, Toci was sentenced to nine years imprisonment, Brown to six years behind bars and Walsh to six years and eight months imprisonment.
Det Con David Crewe, of Hackney’s Serious Acquisitive Crime Unit, said: “This is a fantastic result, showing how seriously the courts take this offence. Violent behaviour will not be tolerated and the courts have shown they will deal robustly with this type of serious offence.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse