Man arrested after 63-year-old injured at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested following an attack on a 63-year-old at Finsbury Park station, which sparked a hunt for a suspect by armed police.
British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “A man has been arrested at Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 Underground station on suspicion of GBH after a man was assaulted at Finsbury Park Underground station earlier today (Tuesday).
“British Transport Police (BTP) detectives will be speaking to the man in due course.
“The assault occurred on the southbound Victoria line platform shortly before 1.45pm. A 63-year-old man was taken to hospital with cuts to his body and face. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
“Armed BTP officers searching for a possible suspect met a southbound Victoria line train at King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station at approximately 3pm.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background reference T/B9 of 11/08/2015. Information can also be passed to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days