Man arrested after 63-year-old injured at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested following an attack on a 63-year-old at Finsbury Park station, which sparked a hunt for a suspect by armed police.
British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “A man has been arrested at Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 Underground station on suspicion of GBH after a man was assaulted at Finsbury Park Underground station earlier today (Tuesday).
“British Transport Police (BTP) detectives will be speaking to the man in due course.
“The assault occurred on the southbound Victoria line platform shortly before 1.45pm. A 63-year-old man was taken to hospital with cuts to his body and face. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
“Armed BTP officers searching for a possible suspect met a southbound Victoria line train at King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station at approximately 3pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background reference T/B9 of 11/08/2015. Information can also be passed to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney