Man arrested after 63-year-old injured at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested following an attack on a 63-year-old at Finsbury Park station, which sparked a hunt for a suspect by armed police.
British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “A man has been arrested at Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 Underground station on suspicion of GBH after a man was assaulted at Finsbury Park Underground station earlier today (Tuesday).
“British Transport Police (BTP) detectives will be speaking to the man in due course.
“The assault occurred on the southbound Victoria line platform shortly before 1.45pm. A 63-year-old man was taken to hospital with cuts to his body and face. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
“Armed BTP officers searching for a possible suspect met a southbound Victoria line train at King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station at approximately 3pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background reference T/B9 of 11/08/2015. Information can also be passed to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted