Woman arrested following Stamford Hill stabbing
- Credit: London 999
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died of stab wounds in Hackney.
Police were called to a property in Stamford Hill at 10.52am on Friday (June 4) to a report of a stabbing.
Officers attended and a man, believed to be in his 30s, was found with stab injuries.
He was treated at the scene by officers who carried out CPR before paramedics from London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance arrived.
London 999 reported on twitter that the air ambulance landed in a Morrison’s supermarket car park but despite the efforts of the emergency services the victim was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder. She has been taken into custody.
Homicide detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
A post-mortem examination will be carried out in due course and a crime scene has been put in place.
Enquiries are ongoing to notify his next of kin.
The man and the woman are believed to be known to each other and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident at this time.