Woman arrested following Stamford Hill stabbing
- Credit: London 999
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died of stab wounds in Hackney.
Police were called to a property in Stamford Hill at 10.52am on Friday (June 4) to a report of a stabbing.
Officers attended and a man, believed to be in his 30s, was found with stab injuries.
He was treated at the scene by officers who carried out CPR before paramedics from London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance arrived.
London 999 reported on twitter that the air ambulance landed in a Morrison’s supermarket car park but despite the efforts of the emergency services the victim was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
A 31-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder. She has been taken into custody.
Homicide detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 5 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
A post-mortem examination will be carried out in due course and a crime scene has been put in place.
Enquiries are ongoing to notify his next of kin.
The man and the woman are believed to be known to each other and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident at this time.