Arthur Collins and Andre Phoenix set to go on trial over acid attack at Mangle E8, London Fields
- Credit: Archant
The ex-boyfriend of a Towie star will today go on trial over an acid attack in a London Fields nightclub that left two people partially blind.
Arthur Collins, 24, was charged alongside Andre Phoenix, 21, after clubbers were doused with a corrosive substance at Mangle E8 on April 17.
Collins is the ex-boyfriend of Ferne McCann from The Only Way Is Essex and the father of her unborn child.
As well as two people who were left blind in one eye, a number of other partygoers were injured in the incident.
The trial at Wood Green Crown Court is set to last two weeks.
Collins, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, denies 14 counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent against four men and 10 women, and one count of throwing an acidic liquid with intent to cause GBH to multiple people.
Phoenix, of Clyde Road, Tottenham, denies seven counts of throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause GBH to three men and four women.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life