Arthur Collins and Andre Phoenix set to go on trial over acid attack at Mangle E8, London Fields
- Credit: Archant
The ex-boyfriend of a Towie star will today go on trial over an acid attack in a London Fields nightclub that left two people partially blind.
Arthur Collins, 24, was charged alongside Andre Phoenix, 21, after clubbers were doused with a corrosive substance at Mangle E8 on April 17.
Collins is the ex-boyfriend of Ferne McCann from The Only Way Is Essex and the father of her unborn child.
As well as two people who were left blind in one eye, a number of other partygoers were injured in the incident.
The trial at Wood Green Crown Court is set to last two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Collins, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, denies 14 counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent against four men and 10 women, and one count of throwing an acidic liquid with intent to cause GBH to multiple people.
Phoenix, of Clyde Road, Tottenham, denies seven counts of throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause GBH to three men and four women.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction