Arthur Collins and Andre Phoenix set to go on trial over acid attack at Mangle E8, London Fields
- Credit: Archant
The ex-boyfriend of a Towie star will today go on trial over an acid attack in a London Fields nightclub that left two people partially blind.
Arthur Collins, 24, was charged alongside Andre Phoenix, 21, after clubbers were doused with a corrosive substance at Mangle E8 on April 17.
Collins is the ex-boyfriend of Ferne McCann from The Only Way Is Essex and the father of her unborn child.
As well as two people who were left blind in one eye, a number of other partygoers were injured in the incident.
The trial at Wood Green Crown Court is set to last two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Collins, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, denies 14 counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent against four men and 10 women, and one count of throwing an acidic liquid with intent to cause GBH to multiple people.
Phoenix, of Clyde Road, Tottenham, denies seven counts of throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause GBH to three men and four women.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition