Arthur Collins and Andre Phoenix set to go on trial over acid attack at Mangle E8, London Fields
- Credit: Archant
The ex-boyfriend of a Towie star will today go on trial over an acid attack in a London Fields nightclub that left two people partially blind.
Arthur Collins, 24, was charged alongside Andre Phoenix, 21, after clubbers were doused with a corrosive substance at Mangle E8 on April 17.
Collins is the ex-boyfriend of Ferne McCann from The Only Way Is Essex and the father of her unborn child.
As well as two people who were left blind in one eye, a number of other partygoers were injured in the incident.
The trial at Wood Green Crown Court is set to last two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Collins, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, denies 14 counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent against four men and 10 women, and one count of throwing an acidic liquid with intent to cause GBH to multiple people.
Phoenix, of Clyde Road, Tottenham, denies seven counts of throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause GBH to three men and four women.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets