Rapper ASAP Bari admits sexually assaulting woman in a east London hotel
- Credit: PA
American rapper and fashion designer ASAP Bari has today admitted sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
The 27-year-old, real name Jabari Shelton, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to one count of sexual assault after a video emerged of him attacking his victim in July 2017.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, flew to the UK on Tuesday to attend court.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton, east London, had been expected to deny two charges and face trial.
But he pleaded guilty to one charge on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Shelton is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 4 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured