Attempted bike robbery sparks appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued CCTV images of a man they believe can help them with their enquiries, following an attempted robbery on a train as it waited in London Fields station.
The victim was pushed by a man as he tried to prevent him taking his bicycle as the train which was bound for Enfield from Liverpool Street at around 4.20pm on Wednesday December 20.
DC Paul Cudby said: “The victim tried to stop a man from stealing his bicycle from the doorway area.
“As they tussled, the victim was pushed backwards and the would-be-thief abandoned his attempt to steal the bike.
“Fortunately, the victim of this attempted robbery was not injured and managed to hang on to his bike, but efforts to find the person responsible have so far proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
“The man in the images is someone who I think can help us with our investigation. Who is he?”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 213 of 1/2/16.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Alternatively call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.