Attempted bike robbery sparks appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued CCTV images of a man they believe can help them with their enquiries, following an attempted robbery on a train as it waited in London Fields station.
The victim was pushed by a man as he tried to prevent him taking his bicycle as the train which was bound for Enfield from Liverpool Street at around 4.20pm on Wednesday December 20.
DC Paul Cudby said: “The victim tried to stop a man from stealing his bicycle from the doorway area.
“As they tussled, the victim was pushed backwards and the would-be-thief abandoned his attempt to steal the bike.
“Fortunately, the victim of this attempted robbery was not injured and managed to hang on to his bike, but efforts to find the person responsible have so far proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
“The man in the images is someone who I think can help us with our investigation. Who is he?”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 213 of 1/2/16.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
Alternatively call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.