Attempted bike robbery sparks appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued CCTV images of a man they believe can help them with their enquiries, following an attempted robbery on a train as it waited in London Fields station.
The victim was pushed by a man as he tried to prevent him taking his bicycle as the train which was bound for Enfield from Liverpool Street at around 4.20pm on Wednesday December 20.
DC Paul Cudby said: “The victim tried to stop a man from stealing his bicycle from the doorway area.
“As they tussled, the victim was pushed backwards and the would-be-thief abandoned his attempt to steal the bike.
“Fortunately, the victim of this attempted robbery was not injured and managed to hang on to his bike, but efforts to find the person responsible have so far proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
“The man in the images is someone who I think can help us with our investigation. Who is he?”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 213 of 1/2/16.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Alternatively call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.