Attempted Boris Bike rape: Hackney Police release CCTV image of man they want to talk to
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the attempted rape of a woman in Hackney have issued a CCTV still of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The image shows a white man riding on a Barclays Cycle Hire Bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident, which occurred at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, 2012
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston when she was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle, around 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
He allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her until he was disturbed by passers-by and rode off towards Broadway Market.
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man pictured on the bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit on 020 7275 3489, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.