Attempted Boris Bike rape: Hackney Police release CCTV image of man they want to talk to
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the attempted rape of a woman in Hackney have issued a CCTV still of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The image shows a white man riding on a Barclays Cycle Hire Bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident, which occurred at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, 2012
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston when she was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle, around 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
He allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her until he was disturbed by passers-by and rode off towards Broadway Market.
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man pictured on the bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit on 020 7275 3489, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.