Attempted Boris Bike rape: Hackney Police release CCTV image of man they want to talk to
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the attempted rape of a woman in Hackney have issued a CCTV still of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The image shows a white man riding on a Barclays Cycle Hire Bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident, which occurred at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, 2012
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston when she was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle, around 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
He allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her until he was disturbed by passers-by and rode off towards Broadway Market.
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man pictured on the bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit on 020 7275 3489, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.