Attempted midsummer murder appeal
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for attempted murder after he allegedly repeatedly stabbed a woman he didn’t know in Hackney.
The 36-year-old victim was attacked in Bramfield Court, Queen’s Drive, Finsbury Park at around 5am on Saturday.
She was treated by the London Ambulance Service and taken to an East London hospital where she is now in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of attempted murder, and he is currently being held in an east London police station.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley of Hackney’s violent crime unit, who is leading the enquiry and appealing for witnesses, said: “Although this incident took place at 5am, it is the longest day of the year and would have been light.
“I would appeal to members of the public who may have seen any suspicious males wearing dark clothing in the vicinity of Bramfield Court at the time of the offence to come forward.
“I would also like to speak with any persons that heard the distressed woman in the aftermath of the incident.”
- 1 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 8 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 9 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
Any persons with information should contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.