Attempted midsummer murder appeal
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for attempted murder after he allegedly repeatedly stabbed a woman he didn’t know in Hackney.
The 36-year-old victim was attacked in Bramfield Court, Queen’s Drive, Finsbury Park at around 5am on Saturday.
She was treated by the London Ambulance Service and taken to an East London hospital where she is now in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of attempted murder, and he is currently being held in an east London police station.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley of Hackney’s violent crime unit, who is leading the enquiry and appealing for witnesses, said: “Although this incident took place at 5am, it is the longest day of the year and would have been light.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to members of the public who may have seen any suspicious males wearing dark clothing in the vicinity of Bramfield Court at the time of the offence to come forward.
“I would also like to speak with any persons that heard the distressed woman in the aftermath of the incident.”
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
Any persons with information should contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.