Attempted midsummer murder appeal
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for attempted murder after he allegedly repeatedly stabbed a woman he didn’t know in Hackney.
The 36-year-old victim was attacked in Bramfield Court, Queen’s Drive, Finsbury Park at around 5am on Saturday.
She was treated by the London Ambulance Service and taken to an East London hospital where she is now in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of attempted murder, and he is currently being held in an east London police station.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley of Hackney’s violent crime unit, who is leading the enquiry and appealing for witnesses, said: “Although this incident took place at 5am, it is the longest day of the year and would have been light.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to members of the public who may have seen any suspicious males wearing dark clothing in the vicinity of Bramfield Court at the time of the offence to come forward.
“I would also like to speak with any persons that heard the distressed woman in the aftermath of the incident.”
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Any persons with information should contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.