Attempted midsummer murder appeal
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for attempted murder after he allegedly repeatedly stabbed a woman he didn’t know in Hackney.
The 36-year-old victim was attacked in Bramfield Court, Queen’s Drive, Finsbury Park at around 5am on Saturday.
She was treated by the London Ambulance Service and taken to an East London hospital where she is now in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of attempted murder, and he is currently being held in an east London police station.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley of Hackney’s violent crime unit, who is leading the enquiry and appealing for witnesses, said: “Although this incident took place at 5am, it is the longest day of the year and would have been light.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to members of the public who may have seen any suspicious males wearing dark clothing in the vicinity of Bramfield Court at the time of the offence to come forward.
“I would also like to speak with any persons that heard the distressed woman in the aftermath of the incident.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Any persons with information should contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.