Attempted robbery in Clapton - do you recognise this man?
Police looking for robbers who followed a bank customer to an estate before trying – and failing – to steal his money have released a photo this week of a youth they want to identify.
The victim withdrew cash at Natwest Bank on Amhurst Park, Stoke Newington, and then boarded a 253 bus, which travelled along Upper Clapton Road.
He did not realize he had been followed, and he got off the bus and walked into Clapton’s Northwold Estate at about 11.40am on Friday, July 8
But as he reached the communal doors of Wensdale House, two men accosted him and threatened him with violence if he did not hand over his money.
The victim managed to run away, but the two men chased him until he flagged down a safer neighbourhood team’s police car. The suspects ran off in different directions and managed to get away.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as black males, aged 18 to 20 years old, who were both wearing black clothing.
Anyone who recognises the man in the photo, or who has information about the attempted robbery, should call Pc Joe Jardine of Hackney Robbery Squad on 0207 275 3232, email email@example.com, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4618021/11.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta