Attempted robbery in Clapton - do you recognise this man?
Police looking for robbers who followed a bank customer to an estate before trying – and failing – to steal his money have released a photo this week of a youth they want to identify.
The victim withdrew cash at Natwest Bank on Amhurst Park, Stoke Newington, and then boarded a 253 bus, which travelled along Upper Clapton Road.
He did not realize he had been followed, and he got off the bus and walked into Clapton’s Northwold Estate at about 11.40am on Friday, July 8
But as he reached the communal doors of Wensdale House, two men accosted him and threatened him with violence if he did not hand over his money.
The victim managed to run away, but the two men chased him until he flagged down a safer neighbourhood team’s police car. The suspects ran off in different directions and managed to get away.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as black males, aged 18 to 20 years old, who were both wearing black clothing.
Anyone who recognises the man in the photo, or who has information about the attempted robbery, should call Pc Joe Jardine of Hackney Robbery Squad on 0207 275 3232, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4618021/11.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web