Attempted robbery in Clapton - do you recognise this man?
Police looking for robbers who followed a bank customer to an estate before trying – and failing – to steal his money have released a photo this week of a youth they want to identify.
The victim withdrew cash at Natwest Bank on Amhurst Park, Stoke Newington, and then boarded a 253 bus, which travelled along Upper Clapton Road.
He did not realize he had been followed, and he got off the bus and walked into Clapton’s Northwold Estate at about 11.40am on Friday, July 8
But as he reached the communal doors of Wensdale House, two men accosted him and threatened him with violence if he did not hand over his money.
The victim managed to run away, but the two men chased him until he flagged down a safer neighbourhood team’s police car. The suspects ran off in different directions and managed to get away.
The suspects are described as black males, aged 18 to 20 years old, who were both wearing black clothing.
Anyone who recognises the man in the photo, or who has information about the attempted robbery, should call Pc Joe Jardine of Hackney Robbery Squad on 0207 275 3232, email email@example.com, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4618021/11.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days