“Audacious” Dalston assault: Man stabbed in back is lucky to be alive
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man is “lucky to be alive” after being stabbed in the back several times outside the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden.
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for information and witnesses following the serious assault in Dalston Lane on Monday at around 8pm.
The 27-year-old victim suffered several stab wounds to his lower back, and was taken to an east London Hospital where he is now in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley, from the violent crime unit said: “This was an audacious attack by a male armed with a knife in a crowded public place.
“The victim was stabbed several times and is extremely lucky not to have sustained fatal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to commend the passers-by that assisted the victim in the aftermath and offered him comfort.
“I would also appeal for any members of the public that were present and saw the offender make off from the scene to contact me.”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.