“Audacious” Dalston assault: Man stabbed in back is lucky to be alive
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man is “lucky to be alive” after being stabbed in the back several times outside the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden.
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for information and witnesses following the serious assault in Dalston Lane on Monday at around 8pm.
The 27-year-old victim suffered several stab wounds to his lower back, and was taken to an east London Hospital where he is now in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley, from the violent crime unit said: “This was an audacious attack by a male armed with a knife in a crowded public place.
“The victim was stabbed several times and is extremely lucky not to have sustained fatal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to commend the passers-by that assisted the victim in the aftermath and offered him comfort.
“I would also appeal for any members of the public that were present and saw the offender make off from the scene to contact me.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.