“Audacious” Dalston assault: Man stabbed in back is lucky to be alive
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man is “lucky to be alive” after being stabbed in the back several times outside the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden.
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for information and witnesses following the serious assault in Dalston Lane on Monday at around 8pm.
The 27-year-old victim suffered several stab wounds to his lower back, and was taken to an east London Hospital where he is now in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley, from the violent crime unit said: “This was an audacious attack by a male armed with a knife in a crowded public place.
“The victim was stabbed several times and is extremely lucky not to have sustained fatal injuries.
“I would like to commend the passers-by that assisted the victim in the aftermath and offered him comfort.
“I would also appeal for any members of the public that were present and saw the offender make off from the scene to contact me.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.