“Audacious” Dalston assault: Man stabbed in back is lucky to be alive
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man is “lucky to be alive” after being stabbed in the back several times outside the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden.
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for information and witnesses following the serious assault in Dalston Lane on Monday at around 8pm.
The 27-year-old victim suffered several stab wounds to his lower back, and was taken to an east London Hospital where he is now in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley, from the violent crime unit said: “This was an audacious attack by a male armed with a knife in a crowded public place.
“The victim was stabbed several times and is extremely lucky not to have sustained fatal injuries.
“I would like to commend the passers-by that assisted the victim in the aftermath and offered him comfort.
“I would also appeal for any members of the public that were present and saw the offender make off from the scene to contact me.”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.