Baby found dead alongside mother in Hackney suffered neck wounds
- Credit: Archant
The post-mortem results of a mother and her baby who were found dead at their home have been released by police.
Valerie Forde, 45, and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy were discovered by police at a property in Oswald’s Mead on March 31.
A post-mortem examination of Real-Jahzarah which took place at Great Ormond Street Hospital found that she died from neck wounds.
The post-mortem examination of Ms Forde concluded that she died from multiple injuries.
Police were called at 9.11am to reports of three people being injured. Officers arrived at the scene by 9.17am but did not enter the property until shortly after 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
Roland McKoy, 53 – who was understood to be in a relationship with the victim and living at the same address – was also found injured at the house.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Directorate of Professional Standards has referred previous contact with the victim to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.