Baby found dead alongside mother in Hackney suffered neck wounds
- Credit: Archant
The post-mortem results of a mother and her baby who were found dead at their home have been released by police.
Valerie Forde, 45, and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy were discovered by police at a property in Oswald’s Mead on March 31.
A post-mortem examination of Real-Jahzarah which took place at Great Ormond Street Hospital found that she died from neck wounds.
The post-mortem examination of Ms Forde concluded that she died from multiple injuries.
Police were called at 9.11am to reports of three people being injured. Officers arrived at the scene by 9.17am but did not enter the property until shortly after 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
Roland McKoy, 53 – who was understood to be in a relationship with the victim and living at the same address – was also found injured at the house.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Directorate of Professional Standards has referred previous contact with the victim to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.