Baby found dead alongside mother in Hackney suffered neck wounds
- Credit: Archant
The post-mortem results of a mother and her baby who were found dead at their home have been released by police.
Valerie Forde, 45, and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy were discovered by police at a property in Oswald’s Mead on March 31.
A post-mortem examination of Real-Jahzarah which took place at Great Ormond Street Hospital found that she died from neck wounds.
The post-mortem examination of Ms Forde concluded that she died from multiple injuries.
Police were called at 9.11am to reports of three people being injured. Officers arrived at the scene by 9.17am but did not enter the property until shortly after 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
Roland McKoy, 53 – who was understood to be in a relationship with the victim and living at the same address – was also found injured at the house.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Directorate of Professional Standards has referred previous contact with the victim to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.