Bank Holiday ‘acid attack’ DIDN’T happen outside Dalston Superstore – and venue was closed anyway
- Credit: Archant
Bosses at Dalston Superstore have slammed inaccurate reports in the national press that Sunday’s suspected acid attack happened outside the gay nightclub.
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 22 and 27 were injured in Shacklewell Lane at 5.20am on Sunday morning, according to Scotland Yard.
The Evening Standard and The Sun went on to report the attack had taken place outside the Dalston Superstore as clubgoers were leaving, according to a witness they had spoken to. But the club is located around the corner in Kingsland High Street, and at any rate had closed hours earlier at 2.30am.
In a statement on Facebook, Superstore bosses said: “The three men had not visited our venue, and the attack happened long after we had closed. There is no indication that this senseless and brutal attack was motivated by homophobia.”
Police have appealed for any other victims to come forward. They think more people may have been injured in what they believe was a “large altercation involving two groups of men”.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Quinn Cutler said: “This is a particularly vicious and unpleasant incident which has left a number of people with potentially lasting injuries.
“I know that a number of people witnessed this incident and I urge those people to come forward and share their information and/or footage with police.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Fearless 74-year-old takes on wing walk for Moorfields Eye Charity
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 07825 793 215 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.