Bank Holiday ‘acid attack’ DIDN’T happen outside Dalston Superstore – and venue was closed anyway
- Credit: Archant
Bosses at Dalston Superstore have slammed inaccurate reports in the national press that Sunday’s suspected acid attack happened outside the gay nightclub.
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 22 and 27 were injured in Shacklewell Lane at 5.20am on Sunday morning, according to Scotland Yard.
The Evening Standard and The Sun went on to report the attack had taken place outside the Dalston Superstore as clubgoers were leaving, according to a witness they had spoken to. But the club is located around the corner in Kingsland High Street, and at any rate had closed hours earlier at 2.30am.
In a statement on Facebook, Superstore bosses said: “The three men had not visited our venue, and the attack happened long after we had closed. There is no indication that this senseless and brutal attack was motivated by homophobia.”
Police have appealed for any other victims to come forward. They think more people may have been injured in what they believe was a “large altercation involving two groups of men”.
Det Sgt Quinn Cutler said: “This is a particularly vicious and unpleasant incident which has left a number of people with potentially lasting injuries.
“I know that a number of people witnessed this incident and I urge those people to come forward and share their information and/or footage with police.”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 6 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 7 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 8 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 07825 793 215 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.