Bogus caller allegedly robbed over £1,000 cash from elderly victim
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police in Hackney are appealing for information after a bogus caller is alleged to have stolen over £1,000 from an elderly lady.
The victim, a woman aged in her late 80s, answered the door to her home in Durley Road, Stoke Newington, to a man who claimed he was from a gas company and needed to check her boiler on Tuesday December 8 at around 11.30am.
The man looked at her boiler in her kitchen, but when he left the property, she realised £1,155 in cash had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged approximately 30-years-old, around 6ft 2ins tall and wearing all black clothing.
The victim had seen a second man knocking on her neighbour’s door around 20 minutes before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as a white man, approximately 40-years-old, around 6ft tall and also wearing all black clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 101, quoting reference: 4631100/15.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org