Bogus caller allegedly robbed over £1,000 cash from elderly victim
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police in Hackney are appealing for information after a bogus caller is alleged to have stolen over £1,000 from an elderly lady.
The victim, a woman aged in her late 80s, answered the door to her home in Durley Road, Stoke Newington, to a man who claimed he was from a gas company and needed to check her boiler on Tuesday December 8 at around 11.30am.
The man looked at her boiler in her kitchen, but when he left the property, she realised £1,155 in cash had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged approximately 30-years-old, around 6ft 2ins tall and wearing all black clothing.
The victim had seen a second man knocking on her neighbour’s door around 20 minutes before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as a white man, approximately 40-years-old, around 6ft tall and also wearing all black clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 101, quoting reference: 4631100/15.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org