Boy, 13, one of two shot in suspected gang attacks in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was one of two people shot in Hackney last night, sparking an investigation by the Met’s gang squad.
Firearms officers were called to Stellman Close, Stoke Newington at about 11.25pm and took the teenager to hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Another man, 20, was shot in the shoulder and took himself to hospital at about 11.40pm.
Both remain in hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Detectives from the Met’s gang unit Trident are investigating the shootings.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
Cordons are in place in the area and officers patrolled Hackney as normal today while neighbourhood teams reassured the community.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000