Boy, 13, one of two shot in suspected gang attacks in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was one of two people shot in Hackney last night, sparking an investigation by the Met’s gang squad.
Firearms officers were called to Stellman Close, Stoke Newington at about 11.25pm and took the teenager to hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Another man, 20, was shot in the shoulder and took himself to hospital at about 11.40pm.
Both remain in hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Detectives from the Met’s gang unit Trident are investigating the shootings.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
Cordons are in place in the area and officers patrolled Hackney as normal today while neighbourhood teams reassured the community.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search