Boy, 13, one of two shot in suspected gang attacks in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was one of two people shot in Hackney last night, sparking an investigation by the Met’s gang squad.
Firearms officers were called to Stellman Close, Stoke Newington at about 11.25pm and took the teenager to hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Another man, 20, was shot in the shoulder and took himself to hospital at about 11.40pm.
Both remain in hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Detectives from the Met’s gang unit Trident are investigating the shootings.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
Cordons are in place in the area and officers patrolled Hackney as normal today while neighbourhood teams reassured the community.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens