Boy, 13, one of two shot in suspected gang attacks in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was one of two people shot in Hackney last night, sparking an investigation by the Met’s gang squad.
Firearms officers were called to Stellman Close, Stoke Newington at about 11.25pm and took the teenager to hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Another man, 20, was shot in the shoulder and took himself to hospital at about 11.40pm.
Both remain in hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Detectives from the Met’s gang unit Trident are investigating the shootings.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
Cordons are in place in the area and officers patrolled Hackney as normal today while neighbourhood teams reassured the community.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney