Boy, 13, stabbed in Kingsland Shopping Centre: Boy, 14, arrested for attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year old boy was stabbed in the Kingsland Shopping Centre in Dalston yesterday afternoon.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at around 5pm to the shopping centre next to Ridley Road Market.
The boy was taken to a major trauma centre at an east London hospital, where his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder today, and he currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Detectives from the Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information that may assist the investigation should call police on 101. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney author tells how a mysterious death mask links to a well known invention