Boyfriend accused of killing new mum Kirsty Treloar in Hackney
An abusive lover stabbed a new mum to death just hours after making a New Year’s resolution that he wouldn’t hit her again, the Old Bailey heard yesterday (Tuesday).
It is alleged Myles Williams, 19, broke into partner Kirsty Treloar’s home in Brownlow Road, Clapton, and knifed her repeatedly, causing her to drop her baby on the ground.
The body of the 20-year-old was found in the back of a car dumped in Ryder Mews, Homerton, on January 2. She had been stabbed 29 times.
Jurors heard sister Gemma, 24, was stabbed in the arm while brother Dean, 22, was knifed in the chest as they tried to protect their sister, who was said to have been bundled out of the house into Williams’ car during the attack.
The court heard Williams had previously been charged with threatening behaviour after dragging Kirsty along the street, and was not supposed to contact her under his bail conditions.
You may also want to watch:
But jurors were told he sent her a text message on New Year’s Day saying “i aint going to hit u again” although he wanted her to promise not to “p*** me off”.
Prosecutor Crispin Aylett QC said Williams launched the attack because he believed Kirsty’s family was trying to get him jailed.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Gemma said her sister had met Williams outside Hackney Job Centre when he was working as a binman and Kirsty was looking for a part-time job in childcare. She had dreams of becoming a nursery nurse and was studying for an NVQ. She had given birth to Williams’ daughter, Shaniya, in December.
Williams, of the Pond Farm Estate in Homerton, is said to have four children by three different women.
He denies the murder of Kirsty, the attempted murder of Dean, and wounding Gemma with intent.
The trial continues.