Boyfriend accused of killing new mum Kirsty Treloar in Hackney
An abusive lover stabbed a new mum to death just hours after making a New Year’s resolution that he wouldn’t hit her again, the Old Bailey heard yesterday (Tuesday).
It is alleged Myles Williams, 19, broke into partner Kirsty Treloar’s home in Brownlow Road, Clapton, and knifed her repeatedly, causing her to drop her baby on the ground.
The body of the 20-year-old was found in the back of a car dumped in Ryder Mews, Homerton, on January 2. She had been stabbed 29 times.
Jurors heard sister Gemma, 24, was stabbed in the arm while brother Dean, 22, was knifed in the chest as they tried to protect their sister, who was said to have been bundled out of the house into Williams’ car during the attack.
The court heard Williams had previously been charged with threatening behaviour after dragging Kirsty along the street, and was not supposed to contact her under his bail conditions.
You may also want to watch:
But jurors were told he sent her a text message on New Year’s Day saying “i aint going to hit u again” although he wanted her to promise not to “p*** me off”.
Prosecutor Crispin Aylett QC said Williams launched the attack because he believed Kirsty’s family was trying to get him jailed.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
Gemma said her sister had met Williams outside Hackney Job Centre when he was working as a binman and Kirsty was looking for a part-time job in childcare. She had dreams of becoming a nursery nurse and was studying for an NVQ. She had given birth to Williams’ daughter, Shaniya, in December.
Williams, of the Pond Farm Estate in Homerton, is said to have four children by three different women.
He denies the murder of Kirsty, the attempted murder of Dean, and wounding Gemma with intent.
The trial continues.