Boys found hiding in Finsbury Park garden after allegedly trying to steal moped
- Credit: sam
Two boys were found hiding in a Finsbury Park garden after allegedly making off with a man’s mobile.
Police had already received a call at about 10.30pm last night about four youths loitering in Somerfield Road - one of whom was armed with a knife.
Minutes later the police were called yet again to say the group was trying to steal a moped.
They allegedly threatened a 35-year-old victim, who managed to disable his moped to prevent it being stolen before fleeing.
The boys took his mobile phone however, and made off down Blackstock Road where police caught up with a 15-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
A 14-year-old and a 15-year-old were found hiding in a garden in Wilberforce Road.
They were all arrested for robbery, and one of the older boys was arrested for possession of a knife.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
The suspects remain in custody.