Boys found hiding in Finsbury Park garden after allegedly trying to steal moped
- Credit: sam
Two boys were found hiding in a Finsbury Park garden after allegedly making off with a man’s mobile.
Police had already received a call at about 10.30pm last night about four youths loitering in Somerfield Road - one of whom was armed with a knife.
Minutes later the police were called yet again to say the group was trying to steal a moped.
They allegedly threatened a 35-year-old victim, who managed to disable his moped to prevent it being stolen before fleeing.
The boys took his mobile phone however, and made off down Blackstock Road where police caught up with a 15-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
A 14-year-old and a 15-year-old were found hiding in a garden in Wilberforce Road.
They were all arrested for robbery, and one of the older boys was arrested for possession of a knife.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
The suspects remain in custody.