Captured: Convicted killer who escaped from Homerton three months ago
- Credit: MPS
A convicted killer has been caught more than three months after he escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, - who murdered a teenager in August 2011 - absconded from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road on October 16.
He was sentenced to 28 years in prison in December 2012 for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford.
Police offered a reward of up to £15,000 for any information leading to his arrest.
This afternoon he was captured in a planned operation in Elderberry Close, Chigwell at around 3.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
A member of staff, who worked at the centre, was charged with helping him to escape and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown court later this month.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta