Captured: Convicted killer who escaped from Homerton three months ago
- Credit: MPS
A convicted killer has been caught more than three months after he escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, - who murdered a teenager in August 2011 - absconded from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road on October 16.
He was sentenced to 28 years in prison in December 2012 for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford.
Police offered a reward of up to £15,000 for any information leading to his arrest.
This afternoon he was captured in a planned operation in Elderberry Close, Chigwell at around 3.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
A member of staff, who worked at the centre, was charged with helping him to escape and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown court later this month.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012