Captured: Convicted killer who escaped from Homerton three months ago
- Credit: MPS
A convicted killer has been caught more than three months after he escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, - who murdered a teenager in August 2011 - absconded from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road on October 16.
He was sentenced to 28 years in prison in December 2012 for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford.
Police offered a reward of up to £15,000 for any information leading to his arrest.
This afternoon he was captured in a planned operation in Elderberry Close, Chigwell at around 3.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
A member of staff, who worked at the centre, was charged with helping him to escape and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown court later this month.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service