Captured killer Lerone Boye appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A convicted killer, who was at large for over three months after escaping from a secure mental health unit, appeared in court today.
Lerone Michael Boye - who murdered a teenager in two years ago - was charged with being unlawfully at large at Hendon Magistrates’ Court.
The 27-year old of no fixed abode absconded from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, on October 16.
Police offered a reward of up to £15,000 for any information leading to his arrest.
He was captured yesterday afternoon in a planned operation in Elderberry Close, Chigwell at around 3.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Ablakwa, 29, a member of staff at the John Howard Centre, has been charged with conspiracy to assist an offender escape from lawful custody.
Mr Ablakwa, from north London, has been remanded in police custody and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown court later this month.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
Boye was the second potentially dangerous patient to escape from the centre in the space of four months.
He was sentenced to 28 years in jail at the Old Bailey last December for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in August 2011.
The teenager was attacked in a mass brawl involving knives and bar stools at a private party in Ilford.
He managed to flee, but tripped outside a Lidl supermarket and four rival gang members – including Boye – sat on his legs to stop him running away, before stabbing him repeatedly with a foot-long blade.