Catholic priest who worked at Balls Pond Road church faces jail for raping and assaulting boys
- Credit: Archant
A Catholic priest who repeatedly raped and assaulted boys is facing jail.
Father Eugene Fitzpatrick, 68, was found guilty of the horrific attacks at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday after he denied all charges.
He raped one boy multiple times between 1986 and 1992 while working at Our Lady and Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Church in Balls Pond Road, Islington.
Fitzpatrick also indecently assaulted another boy throughout the 1960s and 1970s. The first offence took place in Tufnell Park in 1965 when he was just 17 and the boy aged under eight.
Crown Prosecution Service lawyer Mubeena Cockar-Khan said: “Eugene Fitzpatrick repeatedly indecently assaulted one boy and raped another for his own gratification.
You may also want to watch:
“He denied the offences but brave victim testimony led to these verdicts.
“We thank them for coming forward and supporting this prosecution and hope today’s verdicts provide a sense of justice for these historic offences against them.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
Fitzpatrick will be sentenced today.