Catholic priest who worked at Balls Pond Road church faces jail for raping and assaulting boys
- Credit: Archant
A Catholic priest who repeatedly raped and assaulted boys is facing jail.
Father Eugene Fitzpatrick, 68, was found guilty of the horrific attacks at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday after he denied all charges.
He raped one boy multiple times between 1986 and 1992 while working at Our Lady and Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Church in Balls Pond Road, Islington.
Fitzpatrick also indecently assaulted another boy throughout the 1960s and 1970s. The first offence took place in Tufnell Park in 1965 when he was just 17 and the boy aged under eight.
Crown Prosecution Service lawyer Mubeena Cockar-Khan said: “Eugene Fitzpatrick repeatedly indecently assaulted one boy and raped another for his own gratification.
“He denied the offences but brave victim testimony led to these verdicts.
“We thank them for coming forward and supporting this prosecution and hope today’s verdicts provide a sense of justice for these historic offences against them.”
- 1 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Fitzpatrick will be sentenced today.