CCTV appeal after shots fired in Dalston restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of the dramatic moment a gunman opened fire in a Dalston Turkish restaurant.
Police want to trace two suspects following the incident in the Macho Bistro in Kingsland Road on April 21.
The first suspect pulled a knife out on two youths inside the restaurant just after 11.30pm before running away.
But less than five minutes later a second man wearing a full face helmet arrived on moped, and aimed a blank firing gun towards the same teenagers.
He was caught on CCTV firing the gun and running downstairs to find its casing before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect is described as around 16 years old, 5ft 8ins tall and possibly of Turkish nationality.
He was wearing a distinctive silver ring with a small black stone on the ring finger of his right hand, a black t-shirt, a black or blue ‘Puffa’ style jacket and blue denim jeans.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
The second suspect is described as a young male, 5ft 8ins in height with a white motorcycle helmet.
He was wearing a grey hooded top, grey jogging bottoms, a black jacket and was riding a grey moped.
Anyone who recognises the men is asked to contact police on 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.