CCTV appeal after shots fired in Dalston restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of the dramatic moment a gunman opened fire in a Dalston Turkish restaurant.
Police want to trace two suspects following the incident in the Macho Bistro in Kingsland Road on April 21.
The first suspect pulled a knife out on two youths inside the restaurant just after 11.30pm before running away.
But less than five minutes later a second man wearing a full face helmet arrived on moped, and aimed a blank firing gun towards the same teenagers.
He was caught on CCTV firing the gun and running downstairs to find its casing before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect is described as around 16 years old, 5ft 8ins tall and possibly of Turkish nationality.
He was wearing a distinctive silver ring with a small black stone on the ring finger of his right hand, a black t-shirt, a black or blue ‘Puffa’ style jacket and blue denim jeans.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
The second suspect is described as a young male, 5ft 8ins in height with a white motorcycle helmet.
He was wearing a grey hooded top, grey jogging bottoms, a black jacket and was riding a grey moped.
Anyone who recognises the men is asked to contact police on 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.