CCTV appeal after shots fired in Dalston restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of the dramatic moment a gunman opened fire in a Dalston Turkish restaurant.
Police want to trace two suspects following the incident in the Macho Bistro in Kingsland Road on April 21.
The first suspect pulled a knife out on two youths inside the restaurant just after 11.30pm before running away.
But less than five minutes later a second man wearing a full face helmet arrived on moped, and aimed a blank firing gun towards the same teenagers.
He was caught on CCTV firing the gun and running downstairs to find its casing before fleeing.
The first suspect is described as around 16 years old, 5ft 8ins tall and possibly of Turkish nationality.
He was wearing a distinctive silver ring with a small black stone on the ring finger of his right hand, a black t-shirt, a black or blue ‘Puffa’ style jacket and blue denim jeans.
- 1 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 2 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 3 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 4 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
The second suspect is described as a young male, 5ft 8ins in height with a white motorcycle helmet.
He was wearing a grey hooded top, grey jogging bottoms, a black jacket and was riding a grey moped.
Anyone who recognises the men is asked to contact police on 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.