CCTV appeal after shots fired in Dalston restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of the dramatic moment a gunman opened fire in a Dalston Turkish restaurant.
Police want to trace two suspects following the incident in the Macho Bistro in Kingsland Road on April 21.
The first suspect pulled a knife out on two youths inside the restaurant just after 11.30pm before running away.
But less than five minutes later a second man wearing a full face helmet arrived on moped, and aimed a blank firing gun towards the same teenagers.
He was caught on CCTV firing the gun and running downstairs to find its casing before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect is described as around 16 years old, 5ft 8ins tall and possibly of Turkish nationality.
He was wearing a distinctive silver ring with a small black stone on the ring finger of his right hand, a black t-shirt, a black or blue ‘Puffa’ style jacket and blue denim jeans.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
The second suspect is described as a young male, 5ft 8ins in height with a white motorcycle helmet.
He was wearing a grey hooded top, grey jogging bottoms, a black jacket and was riding a grey moped.
Anyone who recognises the men is asked to contact police on 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.