CCTV appeal following sexual assault on 243 bus in Stoke Newington
- Credit: met
Detectives have released an image of a man they want to speak to after a woman was sexually assaulted on the 243 bus in Stoke Newington.
A man is believed to have got on the bus in Dalston at about 2.30am on May 31, and spoke with the victim before she fell asleep.
When she woke she claims he was sexually assaulting her. She remonstrated with him and he got off the bus. The victim then reported the incident to the driver, who called police.
Detectives believe the man in the CCTV image can help with their enquiries.
Det Sgt Adam Knott said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the victim. To awake to find the suspect subjecting her to a serious sexual assault will have been a very traumatic experience and it is imperative that we find the man responsible to ensure he is brought to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 1509/31May. To remain anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney