CCTV appeal following sexual assault on 243 bus in Stoke Newington
- Credit: met
Detectives have released an image of a man they want to speak to after a woman was sexually assaulted on the 243 bus in Stoke Newington.
A man is believed to have got on the bus in Dalston at about 2.30am on May 31, and spoke with the victim before she fell asleep.
When she woke she claims he was sexually assaulting her. She remonstrated with him and he got off the bus. The victim then reported the incident to the driver, who called police.
Detectives believe the man in the CCTV image can help with their enquiries.
Det Sgt Adam Knott said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the victim. To awake to find the suspect subjecting her to a serious sexual assault will have been a very traumatic experience and it is imperative that we find the man responsible to ensure he is brought to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 1509/31May. To remain anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 10 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent