Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- Credit: BTP
CCTV images have been released after a would-be robber pulled a man onto the floor of Finsbury Park station in a bid to steal his phone.
Between 8pm and 8.20pm on November 7 last year, a man unsuccessfully tried to grab another man's mobile from his hand near the station platforms.
Unperturbed, he pulled the victim to the floor and continued to try to get the phone.
As it was now in the victim's pocket, he instead snatched the man's headphones off his head.
Grabbing the headphones back, the victim called for help and the perpetrator ran out of the station.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police (BTP) officers believe the man in the CCTV images will be able to help with their investigation.
Anyone with information should text 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 with reference 2000083159.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.